In recent years, the use of dab pens/vaporizers has increased in popularity. This is because they offer a discreet and convenient way to consume concentrates and extracts. This includes waxes, oils, and shatters. If you’re new to dabbing or are thinking about purchasing a dab pen, this is the guide for you.
This article will discuss the basics of using a dab pen, including how to choose the right one, load it, and take a hit. We’ll also provide some safety tips for getting the most out of your dabbing experience. In a nutshell, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know to start using your dab pen like a pro!
What Is a Dab Pen, and How Does It Work?
A dab pen is a small, portable device used to consume concentrates and extracts. Dab pens usually have three parts:
- A battery.
- A heating chamber.
- A mouthpiece.
The battery powers the heating chamber, which heats the concentrate or extract placed inside it. This produces a vapor that you then inhale through the mouthpiece. Dab pens are perfect for on-the-go use and are relatively simple to operate, making them a great choice for those new to dabbing.
Vape vs. Wax vs. Dab Pen
When it comes to consuming cannabis, there’re many different options available. Vaping, wax (which is something you smoke, not a way of smoking), and dabbing are all popular methods that offer their own unique benefits. Let’s take a closer look at each one to see which is right for you:
- Vaping: Vaping is perhaps the most well-known method of consuming cannabis. Vapes come in many different forms, from desktop units to portable pens. Vaping provides a clean and potent way to enjoy cannabis without dealing with the hassle of smoking.
- Wax: Wax is another popular option that offers a potent and concentrated form of cannabis. Wax can be vaporized using a special pen or device or smoked using a traditional pipe or bong.
- Dabbing: Dabbing is similar to wax, but it uses a special pen that heats the cannabis oil to a high temperature before inhalation. Dabbing provides a quick and intense high that is perfect for those who need fast relief.
So, which is right for you? The answer depends on your needs and preferences. Try out each one and see which you like best.
Types of Dab Pen Wax
Many different types of waxes can be used in a dab pen. The wax you choose will depend on your preferences and the type of pen you use. Some of the most popular types of dab pen waxes include the following:
- Shatter: Shatter has a high CBD content and glass-like consistency. It’s made by extracting CBD from the cannabis plant and then cooling it to create a solid. Shatter is one of the most popular types of wax, as it’s very potent and provides a clean and smooth dabbing experience.
- Crumble: Crumble is known for its high THC content and crumbly consistency. It’s made by extracting CBD from the cannabis plant and heating it until it becomes solid. Crumble is an excellent option for those who want an intense dabbing experience.
- Budder: Budder is another type of concentrate that has a creamy consistency. It’s made by whipping extracted CBD until it becomes a thick and creamy consistency. Budder is the way to go if you want a smooth and tasty dabbing experience.
How To Use a Dab Pen for the First Time
Now that you know the basics, it’s time to learn how to use a dab pen. If you’ve never used a dab pen before, don’t worry — it’s easy. Just follow these simple steps, and you’ll be dabbing like a pro in no time.
- Start by charging your pen. Most pens will come with a USB charger, so plug it into a USB port and let it charge.
- Once your pen is charged, remove the cap and unscrew the atomizer.
- Carefully load your wax onto the atomizer. Make sure you don’t to overfill it — you should only fill it up to the coil level.
- Screw the atomizer back on and replace the cap.
- Press the power button to turn on your dab pen. For most models, you must hit the power button three to five times or until it blinks.
- To start dabbing, put the mouthpiece up to your lips and press and hold the power button. Inhale slowly and steadily, and gradually release the power button when you’re content with the length of the hit.
- When you’re done, press the power button three to five times to turn off your pen. Be sure to screw on the cap, so your wax doesn’t leak out.
Pro tip: Always start with a low-temperature setting to avoid wasting your wax.
And that’s it. You now know how to use a dab pen like a pro. Be sure to clean your pen regularly to keep it in good condition.
Safety Tips When Dabbing/Vaping
While dabbing/vaping is generally considered to be safer than smoking, there’re still some safety risks and tips that you should be aware of:
- Never use a pen that isn’t intended for use with concentrates. Some pens are only for dry herbs or e-liquids, and using the wrong pen type could be dangerous.
- Be sure to charge your pen properly. Overcharging can damage the battery and lead to a fire.
- Never leave your pen on or near a heat source. This could cause the pen to overheat and catch fire.
- Be careful not to drop your pen. This could damage the atomizer and cause the pen to leak.
- Practice good dab pen cleaning and maintenance habits. It’s important to clean your pen regularly to prevent leaking and maintain optimal performance. Remember to follow the manufacturer’s instructions when cleaning your pen.
- Unclogging dab pen cartridges. If your cartridge becomes clogged, you can try using a toothpick or Q-tip to clear the opening. Don’t use anything sharp, as this could damage the cartridge.
- Dab pen storage. When not in use, store your pen in a cool, dry place away from children and pets. Small parts could be a choking hazard.
Dabbing is a great way to enjoy concentrates, and a dab pen is the perfect tool for the job. At Euphoria Wellness, we carry a wide variety of dab pens, vaporizers, and concentrates to suit your needs.